Friday, November 12, 2010

The return of Aunt Flo.

Today's a good day, or was to a point.  Then SHE showed up.  I haven't missed her much, she comes in, makes a mess of things, then after a few days of dragging me down wanders off to bugger some other poor soul for awhile.  Mother Nature.  Aunt Flo.  Whatever name the she-beast goes by, she's here.  For her first visit in awhile.  She visited briefly in August, but decided to wait until now to come back.  I was starting to get a little concerned in her most recent absence, even took a pregnancy test (negative, of course) just to be 'sure.'

I'm not her biggest fan, well in a way I am... as long as she's here I know that I have possibilities in the future.  It's a renewal.  Sweeping out the nest in case someone else decides to move in.  I'm hoping in 3-4 years someone does move in, hopefully not before then because poor husband couldn't keep up with a toddler and a newbie at this point in time.

I've decided that I am more of a fan of contractions than of menstrual cramps.  Contractions were powerful.  Overwhelming at times... but a quiet powerfulness that had a deep and utilitarian purpose, bringing me ever closer to meeting a sweet new soul who had been previously hidden for months.  Menstrual cramps on the other hand are a dull and somewhat constant ache.  An annoying ache.  

At the end of contractions is a sweet and shiny surprise.  
At the end of menstrual cramps is a pile of 'medical waste'.  

*sigh*

I'm trying something new for the cramps... I have my son's baltic amber taped to my lower abdomen.  So far, whether by placebo effect or other, it's helping.

-L.

No comments:

Post a Comment